Peppermint Cocoa Brownies
(Original recipe adapted from Drizzle Kitchen)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper so it lines the whole pan and up the sides (you’ll need it to use like handles to pull the brownies out).
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter/margarine with the sugars and the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips, whisking occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and whisk in one by one until well blended or add your flax eggs, all at once, if using those. Add in the vanilla extract and the peppermint oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Pour into the saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, rotate pan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and when you are ready to glaze simply melt together the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips, peppermint oil and vegetable oil either over the stove in a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle over the brownies and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Let set an hour (you can throw in the fridge to set faster) and then cut into squares
SERVES 12 - 15
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
4 eggs **
1 tbs vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint oil
1 1/2 cup Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine salt
Chocolate Peppermint Drizzle
1 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
1/4 tsp peppermint oil
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
*substitute vegan margarine for the butter
**substitute flax eggs for the chicken eggs (1/4 c. flax meal + 3/4 c. hot water). Alternatively if you want fluffier brownies you can whisk up aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) and fold into the mixture.