Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
(Original recipe adapted from Drizzle Kitchen)
- Preheat oven to 400, preferably convection if you have that option. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the butternut squash. Toss with a good glug of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt. Pour onto the sheet tray and roast for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Next, make the béchamel by first melting the allergy free butter in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle in the Enjoy Life All Purpose Flour and whisk together for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in 1 ¾ cup of the dairy free milk and continue whisking over medium heat until sauce is thickened. Add more milk if you would like a thinner sauce.
- Season with salt to taste and remove from heat.
- To assemble, pour the pasta onto a platter, drizzle the béchamel over the top, then sprinkle the roasted butternut squash and finish with the chive.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 small or medium butternut squash*
- olive oil
Creamy béchamel sauce
2 tbs allergy free butter substitute
3 tbs Enjoy Life Foods All Purpose Flour Blend
1 ¾ cup unsweetened, plain dairy free milk
½ tsp salt
4 servings cooked pasta
¼ cup minced chive
*Feel free to jazz up the butternut squash if you’d like! If you enjoy spice then add some chipotle powder, if you want a curry flavor then add some curry powder. Even just some onion and garlic powder can add a little extra oomph!