Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon Shortbread
(Original recipe adapted from Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the cookie ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and lock the bowl. Gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the vegan margarine and keep mixing until you have a nice dough, about 2-3 minutes.
- The dough should be just tacky to the touch but if the dough is too sticky add more flour tablespoon by tablespoon until it reaches the right consistency.
- Press the dough into the lined 9x13 dish and pat down with damp fingers.
- Use a knife to score the dough into sticks, making 3 rows lengthwise and then 12 rows widthwise so you end up with 36 cookie sticks.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut fully into the lines that you scored. If you wait until they are cooled you will break the cookies.
- Melt the dark chocolate morsels with the oil either on the stove in a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between.
- When the shortbreads are cooled, one by one, dip the end in the melted chocolate and lay on wax or parchment paper. Continue until you’ve dipped them all. Place in refrigerator to set and then store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in a cool place.
MAKES 36 - 40 BARS
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 sticks vegan butter
1 ½ tbs cinnamon
3 ½ cup Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour Blend
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp xanthan gum or 2 tsp guar gum or 2 tbs psyllium husk
Chocolate for Dipping
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tsp flavorless oil