Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
1 pint of your favorite ice cream (check for allergens across different brands!)
8 chocolate chip cookies
Spokin Tip: Try Tate's delicious gluten free cookies*
Cookies + Ice Cream = Happy Campers. With two ingredients and 5 minutes you can have a snack for the whole crew to enjoy. Inspired by the Barefoot Contessa and her effortless and crowd pleasing ice cream sandwich recipe we added a few tips to make it more allergy friendly.
1. Allow ice cream to sit out for 15 minutes to get soft so it can scoop easily
2. Place 4 cookies flat on a cutting board or plate and using a standard 2 1/2 inch scoop put one rounded scoop on each cookie
3. Put 4 more cookies on top of the ice cream scoops and press lightly until the ice cream spreads out to the edges.
4. Place in freezer to firm for about an hour
5. Wrap well in wax paper and store in the freezer until ready to serve
***Tates GF cookies are processed in the same facility as walnuts***